Sweet Potato and Tempeh with Maple Syrup Sauce
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 block of tempeh, diced
1 tablespoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon thyme (oregano was used in the video)
Avocado oil to coat ingredients listed above**
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soya sauce (gluten-free if necessary)
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice Directions
1. Preheat oven to broil 450F (232C)
2. Combine all ingredients except tomatoes into a large mixing bowl and coat with oil.
3. Place the combined ingredients on a baking sheet and place tomatoes on top. Put the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk the ingredients for the sauce and set aside
5. After 10 minutes mix the ingredients and put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
6. Once the sweet potatoes have softened, remove the baking tray and recombine the sauce and then pour on top. Mix everything together and enjoy!
** I mentioned at 4:00 that avocado oil is a better option. Both olive oil and avocado oil are healthy unsaturated fats, but their smoking points can draw the line between healthy and unhealthy. Virgin avocado oil has a higher smoke point; 480F-520F, whereas olive oil has a smoke point of about 430F. If an unsaturated oil is exposed to high temperatures and smokes this will cause the unsaturated fats to transform into unhealthy trans fats. I can create a video about different kinds of fats if that is something you are interested in. Comment below!
This is an approximate amount generated by https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22.8g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 57.2g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||30%|
|Total Sugars 28.4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
|Recipe analyzed by|